top of page

ShrimpRack Presale Monthly

Public·33 members
Mukhtar Kononov
Mukhtar Kononov

Microsoft Flight Simulator Game Of The Year Edi... [BEST]

A Flight Simulator Top Gun expansion originally scheduled for release in 2021 was recently delayed after the Top Gun: Maverick movie slipped to next year. The film and game expansion will now arrive on May 27, 2022.

Microsoft Flight Simulator Game of the Year Edi...

DOWNLOAD: https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fvittuv.com%2F2uenPx&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AOvVaw159dOLDqrtJvcR4FfmDvNi

Asobo Studio wowed flight simulation fans with Microsoft Flight Simulator last year which provided plenty of gaming enthusiasts a nice "vacation" from being stuck inside their homes due to the ongoing pandemic. Today, Xbox announced that Microsoft Flight Simulator: Game of the Year Edition will be launching next month on November 18.

According to Xbox Wire, the Game of the Year Edition of the flight sim will be a free update for anyone who currently owns the game through retail or on Xbox Game Pass. The post makes sure to point out that the update will be available for PC players as well as those experiencing Microsoft Flight Simulator on consoles following its July 2021 console release.

Notably, Microsoft Flight Simulator: Game of the Year Edition will not include the Reno Air Races expansion that was announced earlier this year, despite the DLC launching on the same day as the new edition. Fans looking to race against friends online will need to separately purchase the DLC which includes the Reno Air Races game modes and a wide variety of colors and decals for the in-game planes.

Microsoft Flight Simulator was finally made available on consoles earlier this year which saw plenty of new fans taking to the skies and exploring otherwise inaccessible parts of the world. The game is on Xbox Game Pass for PC and console and, aside from the upcoming Game of the Year Edition, has received constant updates and support.

At the time of release, Flight Simulator X required nearly a supercomputer to run properly. Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition is much better than what was released 8 years ago. Dovetail Games has done some great work in getting the game to work on modern systems. As an owner of the original, boxed version, I ran them one after another, and FSX Steam Edition is far superior, allowing it to run at 60fps easily. After maxing the settings, I was getting 120fps without a problem.

The game is available in three versions. The Standard Edition costs $59.99, and will let you fly 37 aircraft with unique flight models, 35 handcrafted airports, 4 classic commercial airports, 15 glider airports, and 14 heliports.

Asobo frequently releases updates and patches to Microsoft Flight Simulator, which add such things as increased detail to certain regions of the world, new aircraft, and fixes any discrepancies in the game, such as how certain aircraft behave. Below are the latest updates for Flight Simulator; you can find every update at flightsimulator.com (opens in new tab).

To test the game, I used an Alienware Area m51 with an Nvidia GeForce 2080 GPU, a 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9-9900K CPU, with 64GB of RAM. However, a large update in late July 2021 has made the game less of a drag on system resources, enabling better performance from lower-specced systems. After this update, with the graphics at Ultra settings, I was able to average between 50-60 fps on my flights, with the GPU output at around 80 percent and the CPU around 20 percent.

As is the case with most simulator games, flight simulators have a long shelf life. X-Plane 11, for example, is still a full $60, despite being three years old, and it has over $2,000 worth of DLC. With those kinds of prices, you'll need to track down the best free flight simulators to take to the skies on the cheap.

Microsoft has announced a 10-year partnership with Nvidia aimed at bringing Xbox PC games to its cloud gaming service competitor Nvidia GeForce Now as part of its ongoing efforts to win over companies skeptical of its potebtial Activision Blizzard acquisition.This means that players can use Nvidia GeForce Now to play the Steam, Epic Games Store, or Windows versions of titles like Halo Infinite, Redfall, and eventually, Call of Duty through the cloud on GeForce Now. Third-party publishers with games on the Windows Store can also now grant streaming rights to Nvidia. This announcement came during a European Commission hearing where Microsoft tried to convince regulators that its impending acquisition should bne allowed.Microsoft has been under a lot of regulatory scrutiny even since it announced its intent to acquire Activision Blizzard in January 2022. It's trying to win over industry peers with deals like this one with Nvidia. This week, the Communications Workers of America voiced its approval of the deal, and Microsoft has signed a binding agreement to bring Call of Duty to Nintendo platforms as well. Previously, Nvidia had raised concerns about Microsoft's Activision Blizzard acquisition, but the press release announcing this agreement states that the deal "resolves Nvidia's concerns," and that Nvidia now gives "full support for regulatory approval of the acquisition." Regulatory bodies in the U.S., U.K., and Europe are worried that Microsoft acquiring Activision Blizzard will hurt the game industry and sabotage Microsoft's competitors in both console and cloud gaming. Nvidia GeForce Now is seen as one of the biggest competitors to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate's cloud service offerings, which makes it surprising that it reached an agreement with Nvidia. However, this deal also demonstrates how Microsoft is willing to make concessions so that its acquisition of Activision Blizzard is approved.

You can even fly in real-world weather conditions with live air traffic, all of which is adjustable with in-game menus that are easily accessible during flight. If you've ever wanted to take off from an airport in a driving snowstorm at night, you can set the weather and time to your liking. One of my favorite things to do when flying is to adjust the time of day to the "golden hour," early mornings or just before dusk when the sun's rays are at their warmest and most pleasant. It makes for some incredible sights.

The limitations of the Bing integration come in two distinct circumstances: if your internet service provider has a data cap, and when the existing aerial photography of an area happens to be low-resolution. In the case of the data cap problem, you can preinstall locations ahead of time, so you load one small chunk of data rather than opening up the data firehose. Asobo seems to be sympathetic to this hazard and offers a setting in the menus to track your data use and set an upper limit so you don't go over your cap. After a few hours of play, including flights over San Francisco and New York City, I only used a few megabytes of data, but multiply that over a few hours a day over the course of a month (and flying over less frequently traveled areas) and it could become concerning. (Also, that comes after you install this 150GB monster of a game!)

Performance wise, Flight Simulator looks great on my PC, which is no slouch but a few years old at this point. I'm running a Core i7-7700K with a GeForce GTX 1080 GPU and 32GB of RAM. Microsoft Flight Simulator set itself to "high" when I initially started up, but I did find myself turning down some of the lighting effects to medium to improve performance. That made it steady, for the most part, except that loading into one of the larger airports near a major city slowed things down to a crawl, particularly when I tried to fly one of the bigger airplanes. However, the stuttering frame rate always mellowed out to a nice, pleasant clip after a few seconds, making for a smooth flight.

In addition to our expert tips and tricks, expect to find brand-new tutorials covering a wide variety of aircraft all designed to be easy-to-follow. Take flight with our educational tools and have the confidence to fly everything from amphibious aircraft to fast jetliners all around the world. Our step-by-step lessons will provide you with plenty of support so that you can spend more time flying in your new flight simulator and familiarising yourself with each aircraft.

Looked around for a while to see what was out there. This guide was exactly what I was looking for. I dabbled with flight sim many years ago but never really got into it in any depth, VR has changed all that. I wanted a guide that would lead me through the basics, this guide does that and more. Having it available on the in game toolbar was just an extra layer of icing on an already very attractive cake. Highly recommended!

Steve's the owner of this very site and an active games journalist nearing twenty (TWENTY!?!) years. He's a Canadian-Australian gay gaming geek, ice hockey player and fan. Husband to Matt and cat dad to Wally and Quinn. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

bottom of page